Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: central america
- Added March 01, 2004
- Security in the Americas: Neither Evolution nor Devolution--Impasse. Authored by Dr. Max G. Manwaring.
- The author identifies the strategic-political challenge of effective sovereignty and security, with a focus on nontraditional threats. If the United States and the other countries of the Western Hemisphere ignore what is happening in Latin America, the expansion of terrorism, "lawless areas," and general instability easily could destroy the democracy, free market economies, and prosperity.
- Added March 01, 2003
- Strategic Effects of Conflict with Iraq: Latin America. Authored by Dr. Max G. Manwaring.
- The author has been asked to analyze four issues: the position that key states in their region are taking on U.S. military action against Iraq; the role of America in the region after the war with Iraq; the nature of security partnerships in the region after the war with Iraq; and the effect that war with Iraq will have on the war on terrorism in the region.
- Added December 01, 2002
- Plan Colombia: Reality of the Colombian Crisis and Implications for Hemispheric Security. Authored by Dr. Luz E. Nagle.
- The author analyzes Colombia's problems and makes recommendations regarding what it will take to achieve stated U.S. and Colombian objectives in that crisis situation. She also examines the concomitant issue of "spillover" from the Colombian crisis into the rest of the Latin American region. The results and recommendations of this analysis go well beyond prescribing a simple military solution to the complex political-economic-social-moral-security issues of this 50-year-old war.