Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: South america
- Added June 01, 2005
- The Strategic Implications of the Rise of Populism in Europe and South America. Authored by Dr. Steve C. Ropp.
- Are U.S. policy planners adequately prepared to deal with a potential future burst of populist turbulence in Europe or South America? Steve C. Ropp looks at this understudied phenomenon and offers some suggestions to strategic planners for mitigating its effects on the global democratic core of representative democracies.
- Added March 01, 1999
- Colombia's Three Wars: U.S. Strategy at the Crossroads. Authored by Dr. Gabriel Marcella, Dr. Donald E. Schulz.
- U.S. policy is at a critical juncture. Can a strategy based on counter-narcotics be enough and even be separated from counter-insurgency? Authors argue no, that a more robust and comprehensive level of support is necessary, given the gravity of Colombia's problems.
- Added April 01, 1998
- The Role of the Armed Forces in the Americas: Civil-Military Relations for the 21st Century. Edited by Dr. Donald E. Schulz.
- Contains papers and speeches from civil-military relations conference. Prominent civilian and military leaders discuss ways to improve working relationships between the two and how to promote greater understanding and security cooperation between the United States and Latin America.