Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: Readiness
- Added September 01, 2003
- Improving Accountability for Effective Command Climate: A Strategic Imperative. Authored by COL Steven M. Jones.
- The Army Transformation process and endstate will entail a new cultural mindset. More than ever before, organizational (command) climate will become an increasingly significant prerequisite for unit effectiveness and combat readiness. Strategic remedies relating to unit climate assessment, leader development, performance appraisal, and accountability systems are proposed.
- Added October 01, 1996
- Civil-Military Relations and the Not-Quite Wars of the Present and Future. Authored by Dr. Vincent Davis.
- The University of Kentucky's Patterson School of Diplomacy and International Commerce and the U.S. Army War College's Strategic Studies Institute hosted a symposium surveying the area between the high end of humanitarian intervention and the low end of low-intensity conflict in the not-quite wars. Military intervention is nothing new in American history.
- Added April 01, 1995
- Ready For What and Modernized Against Whom?: A Strategic Perspective on Readiness and Modernization. Authored by Dr. Jeffrey Record.
- The U.S. military continues to prepare for large-scale inter-state warfare even though intra-state conflict is the primary source of violence in the post-Soviet era. Conventional "Cold War" force structures are of limited utility against irregular adversaries operating on their own territory. Accordingly, selected conventional force modernization programs should be reexamined and new force structures considered.