Publications Tagged: North Atlantic Treaty Organization
- Added July 01, 2005
- Law vs. War: Competing Approaches to Fighting Terrorism. Authored by Ms. Shawn Boyne, Mr. Michael German, Dr. Paul R Pillar, Dr. Dallas D. Owens.
- The readings in this volume address one of the fundamental assumptions underlying the conduct of the War on Terrorism - the nature of our enemy, whether perpetrators of terrorist activities are criminals or soldiers (combatants).
- Added June 01, 2005
- The Strategic Implications of the Rise of Populism in Europe and South America. Authored by Dr. Steve C. Ropp.
- Are U.S. policy planners adequately prepared to deal with a potential future burst of populist turbulence in Europe or South America? Steve C. Ropp looks at this understudied phenomenon and offers some suggestions to strategic planners for mitigating its effects on the global democratic core of representative democracies.
- Added April 01, 2005
- The Transatlantic Defense Industrial Base: Restructuring Scenarios and Their Implications. Authored by Dr. Terrence R. Guay.
- The author examines the economic, political, technological, and security factors that have shaped recent developments in the U.S. and European defense industries. The author also identifies issues that will shape further industrial restructuring and consolidation in the short- and medium-term, and makes recommendations for assisting the development of a transatlantic, rather than bipolar, defense industrial base.