Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: Budget Policy
- Added June 01, 2005
- Budget Policy, Deficits, and Defense: A Fiscal Framework for Defense Planning. Authored by Dr. Dennis S. Ippolito.
- Military transformation strategies are based on overly optimistic assumptions about future defense budgets. Defense plans should take into account fiscal realities, particularly the deficit and debt outlook and domestic program commitments.
- Added September 01, 2001
- Budget Policy and Fiscal Risk: Implications for Defense. Authored by Dr. Dennis S. Ippolito.
- The defense budget remains one of the central shaping features of U.S. national security and national military strategy. To understand what is possible in terms of defense transformation, one must first have a firm grasp of the budgetary context of strategic decisions. The author shows that defense will continue to compete with domes
- Added February 01, 1996
- Federal Budget Policy and Defense Strategy. Authored by Dr. Dennis S. Ippolito.
- Underlying his message is an unsettling truth, that no matter how the current debate over balancing the budget turns out, future cases for the Army Budget are going to have to be made in an even more challenging spending environment as discretionary spending margins shrink.