Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: Boll
- Added September 01, 1995
- A Theory of Fundamentalism: An Inquiry into the Origin and Development of the Movement. Authored by Dr. Stephen C. Pelletiere.
- Islamic fundamentalism is growing at such a rapid rate that many believe it threatens to take over the Middle East. To prevent this, enormous resources have been summoned, not only from within the region, but in the West as well. The author concludes by building a theory about fundamentalism, which implies a need to redirect policy for coping with it. Dr. Pelletiere maintains that the solution is not to try to crush the movement--that has been attempted numerous times and consistently has failed.
- Added February 01, 1995
- Assad and the Peace Process: The Pivotal Role of Lebanon. Authored by Dr. Stephen C. Pelletiere.
- This study shows how the Syrian was able to improve his originally weak position in the peace talks by exploiting crisis conditions in Lebanon. Assad's major weapon against the Israelis has been the guerrilla group Hizbollah. The author claims that the fact that a small group of guerrillas could have such an enormous impact in this international drama reveals changed power relations in the strategic Middle East.
- Added November 01, 1994
- Hamas and Hizbollah: The Radical Challenge to Israel in the Occupied Territories. Authored by Dr. Stephen C. Pelletiere.
- This study argues that Hamas and Hizbollah, the two main religious groups fighting Israel, probably are more threatening to U.S. interests than is generally believed. It discusses the various openings that the groups were able to exploit to advance themselves, and particularly how they profited from errors on the Israelis' part. At the same time, the study contends, there has been a corresponding rise of religious radicalism in Israel.
- Added July 01, 1994
- Russia's New Doctrine: Two Views. Authored by Colonel James F. Holcomb, Jr., Dr. Michael M. Boll.
- The future direction of Russian security and defense policies is a fundamental issue in contemporary world politics. Future Russian policies will have a major impact on all nuclear issues; on bilateral relations with the United States; and on European, Middle Eastern, Central Asian, and Far Eastern security. One primary indicator of the direction of Russian policies is the new Defense Doctrine published in November 1993.