Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
21st Century Warfare Studies
- Added June 01, 1993
- Type: Book
- Afghanistan and Beyond: Reflections on the Future of Warfare. Authored by Dr. Stephen J. Blank.
- This report provides an historical analysis of lessons from one of the most important wars of the 1980s, the war in Afghanistan. After reading this study, you will better understand the nature of operations "other than war" in multiethnic states. Many fear that these wars will set the paradigm for wars in the 1990s and will exert pressure on U.S. forces to conduct peacekeeping, peace-enforcement and humanitarian assistance operations in especially dangerous areas.
- Added February 01, 1993
- Type: Monograph
- Land Warfare in the 21st Century. Authored by Colonel James M. Dubik, General Gordon R. Sullivan.
- Change will inevitably coexist with at least three constants--the root causes of war, the nature of war, and the essence of fighting power.
- Added January 01, 1993
- Type: Book
- Alternative World Scenarios for a New Order of Nations. Authored by Dr. Charles W. Taylor.
- The author provides a set of plausible scenarios against which users can build policies and decisions while anticipating and judging their consequences before implementation.