Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Eastern Europe Studies
- Added May 01, 2000
- Type: Book
- The PLA and the Kosovo Conflict. Authored by Dr. June Teufel-Dreyer.
- The Chinese People s Liberation Army (PLA) has also analyzed the Kosovo conflict and drawn its own conclusions. Different groups within the Chinese military drew different judgments. Dr. Dreyer argues that these differences of opinion reflect the considerable diversity of thinking about defense modernization and future war that exists within the PLA today.
- Added April 01, 2000
- Type: Book
- The Future of the American Military Presence in Europe. Edited by Colonel Lloyd J. Matthews, USA Ret..
- The present book is an outgrowth of a symposium. With the gradual realization that the Russian menace is essentially dead, at least for the next 10 to 15 years and perhaps longer, and with NATO's missions having evolved well beyond the original purpose of territorial defense, debate on both sides of the Atlantic has begun to intensify.
- Added March 01, 2000
- Type: Monograph
- European Security: Washington's Shaping Strategy in Action. Authored by Dr. Stephen J. Blank, Dr. Thomas-Durell Young, Dr. William T. Johnsen.
- Notwithstanding the claims of some in the United States, European affairs continue to dominate U.S. foreign policy and strategic thinking. The end of the Cold War has not seen any blurring of the focus of U.S. officials on European affairs. Managing the implications of the break-up of the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact, the seemingly never-ending conflicts in the Balkans, increasing Western norms and institutions in Central and Eastern Europe, and expanding and reforming the North Atlantic Alliance are just some of the issues that require firm and consistent U.S. leadership.